I use it in many dishes both sweet and savoury. My favourites seem to be in vinaigrettes, dressings and marinades but it also makes an awesome smoothie and a great glaze for vegetables and roast lamb and chicken.
Mark Saturday April 26, 2104 in your calendar as we hope to see you stocking up on maple syrup at the 17th Annual Powassan Maple Syrup Festival. The day starts with 3 Pancake Breakfasts at 7am and the festival activities end around 4 pm. There will be many food and craft vendors in Powassan and the township reports their usual small population of 2,000 swells to well over 5,000 people on this one day. You can also listen to live music and enjoy fun events.
At the breakfast demo at 10 a.m. I'll be demonstrating:
- Maple Cranberry Chia Smoothie
- Hot Maple Thyme Tea (slow cooker)
- Maple Fruit Nut Rolled Oats (Rice Cooker)
- Layered Maple Yogurt, Fruit Granola Parfaits
- Two Bite Maple Buckwheat Pancakes
- · Maple Pop
- · Maple Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette on Greens
- · Goat Cheese Appetizer with Maple Chipotle Glaze
- · Maple Syrup Teriyaki Tofu
- · Maple Baked Beans (Slow Cooker)
- · Fruity and Nutty Quinoa Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
2 p.m. Demo:
- Maple Mint & Blueberry Tea
- Maple Cranberry Poppyseed Dressings over Greens
- Maple Syrup Teriyaki Tofu
- Slow Cooker Rhubarb with Ginger and Maple Syrup
- Strawberry Rhubarb Anise Maple Tapioca Pudding.
All maple syrup sold in Ontario has to be graded and you can find out more and see other recipes at http://www.ontariomaple.com. I liked the history of maple syrup shown at
Hope to see you there!